14 Nov 2016:
- Imgur silently added a new cap to the API: you can only upload 50 images per hour now. Added a message about this error to the uploads log.
18 Sept 2016: 3.86
- Added options under “Imgur login / Api” to use custom Imgur App API keys. You can use this if the client limit is reached for the normal imgur API endpoints. More info: http://forum.eden.fm/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2
Note that if you were using Mashape API you will have to change the settings in MyImgur again as the option has been reset.
- Added a warning when trying to send files over 10 MB (Imgur API doesn’t allow it)
Update2: Custom API keys were not working until restart. Note to self: don’t update code at 5am.
05 Sept 2016: 3.85
- Added options under “Imgur login / Api” to use a Mashape API key. You can use this if the client limit is reach for the normal imgur API endpoints:
04 Sept 2016
- Added a check for Client Rate Limit as specified in http://api.imgur.com/#limits
- New function under App Settings/Check Client Status
09 June 2016: 3.84
- Fixed: no hot-keys available on first run after a clean install
- Added options to delete settings and logs upon uninstall
- Fixed: “Runtime Error 217” on some systems
17 May 2016: 3.83
- Changed app style
- Fixed proxy support
- Added hotkey to open last saved picture (file)
- Added hotkey to capture client region of active window (i.e in a windowed game it will capture only the actual game screen without the title bar or borders)
03 May 2016: 3.82
- Removed x64 version
- Removed custom backgrounds and themes
- Fixed issues on high-dpi screens
28 Apr 2016: 3.81 Beta update
- Fixed G15 issue
- Fixed a crash on x64 version when saving a capture
- Better quality optimization on resize
26 Apr 2016: 3.81 Beta update
- Smoother interface while uploading pictures
- Progress displayed while deleting all pictures in an album
- Progress displayed while searching for pictures after selecting a large folder
- Fixed: cancel deleting all pictures in an album
- Fixed memory leaks
- Added setting for album layout when you open an album in the browser (blog/horz/grid)
- Added Hotkey for “Open captures folder”
22 Apr 2016: 3.8 Beta update
- Fixed: can’t select large amount of files to upload via “Select Files”
- Fixed: support for large amount of files via “Send to Imgur” for XP-W10
- Fixed: account would log off after an upload
- New: small image preview when sending multiple files
- New: if any pictures failed to upload, an error message will pop up at the end, then you can review the files that failed on Uploads window, then select them and click “retry upload and clear” to try again.
- New: “Select Folder” and “Select Folder+Subfolders” option for uploads
- Added default “Windows” style
- Added Login option under App Settings menu
20 Apr 2016: 3.8 Beta update
- Fixed: remember last selected album
- Fixed: cancel all uploads
- Added: show amount of remaining uploads in status bar
- Added: cancel action “delete all images in album”
- Added: $window variable for captures naming (current active window title)
- Default naming settings changed to “$date ~ $window”
19 Apr 2016: 3.8 Beta
- Some interface changes
- Much faster uploads
- Updated OpenSSL libraries
- Account link now takes you to user images
- Added more visual styles
- Support for high-dpi screens, including 4k/W10
Note: Proxy settings might not be working in this beta.
11 Feb 2016
- Workaround for uploads to (try to) fix issue with the decaying/abandoned Imgur API. (Might need to re-login or refresh account data once)
07 Oct 2015
- Fixed error message when deleting an entry in the history log
09 May 2015
- Fixed memory leak.
20 Dec 2014
- Fixed issues with PIN login.
- After you send a picture, you can click on the “Picture sent!” balloon message to open the picture in the browser.
01 November 2014
- Fixed jpeg quality issues with 64-bit exe
30 September 2014
- Fixed crash bug introduced in 3.73
27 September 2014
Here’s a new update after 3.72 has been running stable for a while:
- Beta: option to use a proxy for connections
- Fixed a bug when the naming format was empty the app didn’t work
- Highlighted Upload/Capture buttons a little more. (working on a better UI)
- History log now sorts all uploads by last one first (except for the current session)
- History log right-click: added “Copy selected URLs with [img] tag”. Now you can select a few items and build a list of urls in between [img] tags for forums easily. All other options are also enabled for a multiple selection.
20 August 2014: 3.72
- Updated OpenSSL libraries
- Improved Jpeg/PNG/GIF load and save speed
- New Hotkey: Screen Capture Alt. method (frozen screen)
07 August 2014: 3.71
- Fixed some bugs (“not a valid integer” issue)
28 July 2014: 3.7
- Fixed: some issues with account uploads
- Fixed/Added: GIF support (size optimization not available however for this format)
- Fixed: the shell extension (Send to Imgur upon right-click) on Windows XP was launching a new instance every time, unlike on Vista+.
- New feature: set last uploaded picture as (account) favorite
- Combined x86/x64 installer in a single file
- Speedup: restarting the app will no longer require to reload all your account data online until really needed (Imgur auth access lasts for 1 hour before new access must be granted)
Notes for old users:
The installed x64 exe has been renamed from “MyImgur x64.exe” to “MyImgur.exe”, thus it’s recommended you first uninstall the old version to avoid having an outdated extra file in your app folder and invalid shortcut links (or delete the old exe manually).
The “portable” bat files you will find in the zip launch the app with the /portable parameter, so the appdata folder will now reside inside either the x86 or x64 folders. If you need to get your old settings/capture folders back, they are in users/appdata/roaming/MyImgur, you can move all the files inside there to the new portable folder (either x86 or x64).
26 July 2014
- Fixed account features to adapt to Imgur changes (OpenSSL)
06 June 2014
- Fixed some issues with HotKeys
- Fixed: app window became visible after capture even if it was minimized to tray
- Fixed: creating new albums as “hidden” didn’t work (they were not set as hidden)
13 May 2014
- Removed automatic authorization token refresh every 55 minutes. Now it will only be used when required (if you upload an image or do anything 60 minutes after the last auth.)
25 Feb 2014
- Removed the “callback return failed” messages, now a tray balloon message will appear instead
- Upon a network/api error you will now still be able to use other account features, except if the error was during the first login
Issues: Get Albums List is currently not working, and Imgur have yet to answer me about what’s wrong, the API call simply fails with 502 for the last few days.
18 Jan 2014
- Fixed Autorun setting
- Fixed “Pro” status display in the account panel. Now it will also show you the Pro expiry date in the tray balloon after login
28 December 2013
- Fixed account access issues from 3.5
- Fixed Logitech G15 LCD feature for 64-bit
22 November 2012
- Fixed app crashes when Imgur.com api times out.
11 November 2012
- Fixed a bug that showed Pro accounts as Free.
05 October 2012
- Fixed a crash related to timezone/daylight settings in Windows.
20 Aug 2012
- Fixed: removed some debug code from last build causing a crash when not using authenticated api.
17 July 2012
- Fixed: after capturing a window with hotkeys, the app window was coming on top. Now it will only flash its taskbar button, if visible.
- Added support for F13-F24 keys available on Mac keyboards (thanks for the testing^^)
11 July 2012
- Fixed: Drag pictures when running as admin/after install
- Added an icon to the “Send to Imgur” context-menu
3.1 – 10 July 2012
- Added hot-keys functionality
- Fixed: using “Send to Imgur” or “Sendto” while another instance was running, started a new instance rather than sending a command to the existing one to send the requested file.
- Fixed: icon in x64
- Fixed: crashes during upload if Imgur timed out
3.05 – 29 June 2012
- Fixed crash when uploading with 3.04
3.04 – 28 June 2012
- Fixed some issues with G19 keyboard applet
- Added a tray message after every upload to notify new URL is in the clipboard
- Fixed an issue where a user with no albums would get a 404 error code
3.01 – 23 June 2012
- Fixed issue: uploading to an album didn’t enable the copy/open buttons
- Added G15/510 support for x64 version
- Fixed: Delete button stayed enabled after delete
3.0 – 22 June 2012 – Changes from 2.x
- Removed Imashack support
- Added G15/510 keyboard LCD applet (only works with 32bit version)
- Added full support for Imgur account (upload to albums, make/delete album, account stats etc)
- Added more options for link copy (html, bbcode etc)
- Added visual styles and backgrounds
- Added option to minimize to tray
- Added option to autorun with windows
- Split history log to a separate window